- science and social studies-based lessons for Pre-K to 12th grade
- 55 lessons for hands-on learning, critical thinking, and easy integration with existing curricula
- aligned to NYS Learning Standards
- a range of educational materials exploring food and nutrition, natural resources, conservation, farming, consumer choices, stewardship, human populations, and land use issues
- available in Spanish (20 lessons)
- View a sample FLP lesson plan
- View the matrix that aligns all 55 FLP lessons with NYS Learning Standards
- New! View the Common Core Standards alignment for each FLP lesson
National Food, Land & People
is a non-profit educational organization whose
materials have reached millions of students in the United States.
Food, Land & People in New York
New York Agriculture in the Classroom is the state affiliate agency for Project Food, Land & People. The 55 lessons are aligned to New York State learning standards in all curriculum areas, and most recently aligned with the national Common Core learning standards in English Language Arts and Mathematics. If you are interested in using the Food, Land & People curriculum, hosting a training, becoming a facilitator, or to learn more about it please contact us.