New York Agriculture in the Classroom Scholarship
Earn a scholarship to attend the National Agriculture in the Classroom Conference in Little Rock, Arkansas
New York Agriculture in the Classroom wants to support your travel to the premier professional development conference about teaching through a lens of food and agriculture. Teachers from across the state will be selected and supported by the state program for an expense-paid scholarship to the National Agriculture in the Classroom Conference in Little Rock, Arkansas. Teachers from across the nation will gather to learn from skilled presenter, engaging keynote addresses, and most importantly, from each other.
Our hope is to inspire and expose as many teachers as possible to the variety of ways to include agriculture in our schools for years to come. Let us support you in your food system education endeavors through this scholarship with a per teacher value of $1,500.
The National Agriculture in the Classroom Conference will be held June 18-21, 2019 in Little Rock, Arkansas.
Conference highlights will include:
- Traveling workshops highlighting trees, bees, presidential history, cotton, rice, and more!
- Experiential-learning based workshops featuring teachers and agricultural literacy specialists sharing new lessons and innovative projects. An example of workshops include:
- Classroom Aquaponics
- Looking Under the Label
- A “Taste” of Geography
- Using 3D Printers in Agriculture Design
- Explore more workshops and descriptions here!
- Keynote presentation by Dr. Temple Grandin, a noted animal expert and advocate for autistic populations.
- National winning teachers share their classroom stories to serve as an inspiration to conference attendees.
Included in the scholarship, winning teachers will receive:
- National Agriculture in the Classroom Conference registration
- All conference meals included
- Round-trip flight from closest major airport
- Double-occupancy hotel accommodations
- Paired with another New York State teacher
- 20 hours of CTLE Professional Development Credit
- Scholarship value of $1,500
- New York State certified Pre-K through 12 teachers; all subject areas
- Currently teaching in a New York State school
- Planning to teach in the 2019-20 school year
- University professors teaching pre-service teachers
- County Cornell Cooperative Extension Educators leading Agriculture in the Classroom programming
- Interest in increasing ability and frequency of teaching about and through agriculture
- Commitment to identifying resources to integrate agriculture in core content and instruction
- All applications must be submitted by Friday, April 5, 2019 at 11:59pm
- Teachers will be selected based upon the merit of their application
- Applications will be evaluated against other applicants of the same geographical region
- It is the hope to have all regions of the state represented as scholarship recipients
- Two county Cornell Cooperative Extension Agriculture in the Classroom Educators will be selected, the remaining winners will be classroom teachers
- Up to two supporting documents may be included, not to exceed 10 MB. Supporting documentation may include:
- Letter of support from school administrator, local Farm Bureau
- Examples of student work from past projects or experiences
- Captioned photos of students engaged in a lesson, project, or farm visit
Please complete the application by Friday, April 5, 2019 at 11:59pm. You will not be able to save your application if you close out of window. It is recommended that you write your responses in a separate document and copy and paste in the application when you are ready to submit.
For additional information about the scholarship, please contact Katie Carpenter at email@example.com.