Cornell Cooperative Extension – Agriculture in the Classroom Grant
About the CCE AITC Grant
The purpose of the CCE AITC Grant is to provide support to county-based Cornell Cooperative Extension offices currently providing, or planning to begin, Agriculture in the Classroom programming during the formal-classroom day.
What is a county-based CCE AITC program?
A county-based CCE AITC program provides in-classroom instruction or programming using agriculture to contextualize student learning objectives. Instruction or programming takes place during the school day by a Cornell Cooperative Extension staff member, or in developed partnerships and programming with area school districts.
- County-based Cornell Cooperative Extension (CCE) staff are eligible to apply.
- The CCE Executive Director must write a letter of support to be included in the grant application.
- Volunteers applying on behalf of the county CCE office are not eligible to apply.
- Existing CCE AITC programs are eligible for this grant.
- New and beginning CCE AITC programs are eligible for this grant.
- Funds are not to be used to support after-school programs, or activities outside of the formal school day.
- The grant can support program planning, promotion, materials, and travel. It cannot support salary.
For specific questions regarding eligibility not listed above, please contact Katie Carpenter at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Nine grants will be awarded for a total of $5,000 each.
- Grantees will have one calendar year from the time of award notification to use the funds.
- A mid-year and a year-end evaluation will be required.
- All applicants will be notified of their grant status.
Grant Application Due: January 20, 2019
Award Notification: February 15, 2019
Mid-Year Evaluation Due: June 2019
Grant-end Evaluation Due: February 2020
Complete the application below to submit your grant proposal. It is suggested to write your responses in a document and copy and paste in the application when you are ready to submit as there is no save function on the application. Your grant application has been submitted successfully when you see the Thank You screen with the green checkmark, you will also automatically receive a copy of your submission in your email.