STEM Programs & Projects
How to do a science fair project:
- Come up with an idea for a scientific experiment by observing a certain phenomenon and writing down your observations.
- Gather information about the topic you want to experiment on.
- Write a short and direct title that describes what your experiment is about.
- State the exact purpose of your experiment.
- Identify possible variables in your experiment.Variables are things that change.
- Write a hypothesis that states what you predict will happen based on changes in your variables.
- Create a step-by-step experiment that tells exactly what you intend to do.
- Gather together and list the materials needed to perform your experiment.
- Perform your experiment and record the data as you go along.
- Write down all of your observations while doing your experiment.
- Do all necessary calculations.
- Write a summary of what happened in your experiment.
- Use your data and observations to draw conclusions about your experiment.
- When designing your experiment try to use only one variable and include a control so that you have something to compare the changes to.
- If you have performed calculations, record your results on a table or graph to include with your project.
How to choose a topic
How to do a science fair project
How to do the bibliography for a science fair project
Some ideas for a project