National Agricultural Literacy Curriculum Matrix
Consider the Source- Cheese
Use this 11-minute video clip to show the behind-the-scenes story of making cheese at the Tillmook Cheese factory in Oregon. The video addresses milk components, dairy cattle, milk testing, as well as each step in milk and cheese processing. This video also highlights many careers for each step of cheese production.
Lessons Associated with this Resource
- A Day Without Dairy
- Blue's the Clue: Souring Milk for Science (Grades 6-8)
- Blue's the Clue: Souring Milk for Science (Grades 9-12)
- Cowabunga! All About Dairy Breeds
- FoodMASTER: Fats & Oils
- FoodMASTER: Milk and Cheese
- I'm a MOO-stery! (K-2)
- It's a MOO-stery! (3-5)
- Lactose Lab: Some Don't Like it Sweet
- Milk Makin' Math
- Milk or Meat? Beef or Dairy?
- Milk: The Scoop on Chemical and Physical Changes
- Sun, to Moo, to You!
- The Ultimate Efficient Recycler
National Agricultural Literacy Curriculum Matrix (2013) is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.