Apply for a CHS Foundation 2013 Agriculture in the Classroom Conference Scholarship!
CHS 2013 Agriculture in the Classroom National Conference Scholarship
The CHS Foundation is providing a $15,000 grant which will allow 40 teachers to attend the 2013 Agriculture in the Classroom National Conference. Engaging workshops, tours, keynote speakers and networking events will provide exceptional learning opportunities for these teachers to increase their comfort level in agricultural topics and also integrate agricultural content into instruction to meet academic standards in health, language arts, math, science, and social studies.
Teachers must be employed by a school system and currently teaching in grades K-12 in the United States.
- Scholarship applications must be completed and submitted online by March 1, 2013.
- Scholarship announcements will be made by March 15, 2013.
- Recipients will receive $375 to cover the early bird registration fee. Information and instructions for registration will be given when applicants are notified. All other expenses, including hotel and transportation, will be the responsibility of the recipient.
A committee of agricultural literacy stakeholders with knowledge of agriculture and education will evaluate the applications. Each evaluator will be asked to score the applications according to the following criteria:
- Applicant describes in detail the importance of embedding agricultural literacy in his/her curriculum. (30 pts)
- Applicant communicates valid and unique reason(s) for why he/she wants to attend the conference. (30 pts)
- Applicant explains how the experiences gained will be used after the conference (40 pts).